Cradoc Golf Club is an 18-hole parkland course with 12 bay driving range and extensive practice facilities set in the beautiful Brecon Beacons.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Head Greenkeeper to join our dedicated ground maintenance team to ensure the golf course is maintained and presented to the highest standard.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years’ experience
- NVQ level 3 in sports turf management (or equivalent) - Desirable
- Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6
- Chainsaw and Digger operation qualifications
- Previous management experience including planning & costing skills would be an advantage
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Head Greenkeeper in projects linked to the Courses’ strategic development such as course/hole redesign; irrigation and drainage;
- Supporting the Head Greenkeeper in all aspects of course maintenance including, but not exclusively mowing, scarification, aeration, top-dressing, fertilising, chemical application and control.
- Assisting in the maintenance of records, including but not limited to; materials/chemical stocks and usage records, machinery maintenance records, staff attendance records and incident/accident records.
- Assisting with the maintenance of equipment and machinery, carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance as appropriate.
- Deputising for the Head Greenkeeper ensuring the golf course is maintained to high standards in his absence;
- Performing tasks with the minimum of supervision, undertaking duties with due diligence and with due care and respect of Health and Safety procedures and club policies
Salary dependent upon experience
Closing date for applications: Friday 7 January 2022